Youth for Change Bangladesh (YFC-BD) is a part of the global youth-led coalition of youth activists titled “Youth For Change”, working in partnership with organizations and governments to create positive change in society. Youth For Change launched in 2015 as a project of Plan International and became an independent entity in 2018. YFC currently has organizations based in Bangladesh, UK & Tanzania. Youth For Change Bangladesh has been registered as a youth organization under the Dept. of Youth Development, Ministry of Youth and Sports, and the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms under the Societies Registration Act 1860 of the Govt. of Bangladesh.
Y-moves (Youth movements) is a project for Plan International Bangladesh
for advancing young people, especially through girls’ rights to participation,
protection and sexual reproductive health in Bangladesh, as well as to
contribute to building a dynamic and inclusive civil society.
Technical Supported by: Plan International Bangladesh
Implementing Partner: Youth For Change Bangladesh
Funded by: Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)
Project Area: 64 districts in Bangladesh
What we do:
1. Capacity building of young people, especially girls and young women, to promote sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), including prevention of Sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV).
2. Strengthening capacity and collaboration of civil society, child and youth-led networks.
3. Increasing responsiveness and positive social norms among government duty bearers and community gatekeepers.
Who are we working with:
1. Young people aged 12 to 24, adolescents who are members of the National Children’s Task Force in all districts of Bangladesh.
2. Govt. officials, policymakers, members of Parliamentary Caucus on Child Rights, line ministry officials, district administration, and line ministry officials in the district.
3. CSOs, parents and community gatekeepers, and religious leaders.
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Vacancy: 1 Position
Job Location: Dhaka
Experience: Minimum 1 Year
Age Limit: 22-30 Years
Working hours: 09 pm to 05 pm (Five Days a Week).
Duration: Upto 30th June 2023 (renewable on conditions)
Application Deadline: 28th August 2022
Salary: 25000/- per month (With two festival bonuses)
Main responsibilities: Responsible for the financial plan as per budget, monitoring of budget variance and reporting as per prescribed format. Check bills, vouchers and supporting documents per the organization’s financial policy.
- Responsible for maintaining books of accounts on a daily basis, including record keeping as per accounting rules and regulations set out for the organization and working with a finance & accounts team.
- To provide effective financial management services and to assist in meetings for increasing financial & accounting needs of the organization that will enable and support management in achieving the aims and objectives of the organization.
- To input financial data of projects/programs in the accounting software in order to update the financial information of the projects/organization.
- To verify and check bills and invoices submitted by the sector managers and prepare vouchers according to the existing YFC Bangladesh accounting procedure.
- To ensure that all project expenditures are properly authorized, significant expenses are placed to emphasize value, receipts are collected timely, cash functions efficiently, overspends are explained, and appropriate and clean reconciliations against advances are satisfactory.
- To prepare monthly bank reconciliation statement as well as salary reconciliation before payment.
- To write analysis notes on computer-generated budget versus project expenses report and to make aware the relevant program persons about current budget/expenses status.
- To keep liaison with program persons on financial reports & issues and be a significant point of contact for colleagues regarding finance systems and procedures.
- To prepare projects/donors’ financial statements and reports within set timeframes.
- Ensure that the organization’s assets register is updated and the newly procured assets of the projects/costs centres are numbered.
- To oversee that vat and income tax are deposited to the bank/relevant authority within the stipulated time frame.
- To split monthly voucher copies as per needs of donors/partners.
- Make monthly entries in the staff provident fund and gratuity register (if any).
- To segregate cost centre-wise vouchers (debit & credit) at the end of each month.
- To keep the line manager informed on all relevant matters.
- For any other related responsibilities per instruction from the management team of YFC Bangladesh, the employee must abide by the code of conduct, gender and safeguarding policy of YFC Bangladesh.
- Honours or Master in business Studies, preferably in accounting (education qualifications flexible for more experienced person).
- Fluency in written and oral communication both in Bengali and English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly in ms word and ms excel.
- A mature outlook and deep commitment toward working with the NGOs;
- Experience in the related field will be added value for selection.
- Track record of professional responsibility in the accounting environment.
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently with attention to detail.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
- Professional: Accounting skills, auditing skills, computer skills, administrative skills, planning and monitoring skills, team working ability.
- Personal: Total integrity, open-mindedness, respect for others, listening quality, acceptance to work and live in a simple, difficult and traditional environment.
Women are encouraged to apply for the position. Interested candidates must send their application with a cover letter and CV with a recent photo and two references to the email address: email@example.com with CC to firstname.lastname@example.org or before 28th August 2022. Please mention “Application for Accounts Officer, Y-Moves Project” in the subject line. To send a hard copy application, please address “The Project Officer, Youth For Change Bangladesh, House no. 40, Road No. 03, Block- B, Mirpur 11 1/2, Dhaka- 1216”. Please write the position applied for on the top of the envelope.
No application will be entertained after the deadline time. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to attend the exam and interview. Youth For Change Bangladesh is an equal opportunity organization.