Youth for Change Bangladesh Foundation (YFC-BD) is a youth-led organization, working in partnership with government and non-government organizations to create positive change in society. Youth For Change launched in 2015 as a project of Plan International and became an independent entity in 2018. Youth For Change Bangladesh has been registered as a youth organization under the Dept. of Youth Development, Ministry of Youth and Sports, and the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms under the Societies Registration Act 1860 of the Govt. of Bangladesh.
What we do:
- Capacity building of young people, especially girls and young women, to promote sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), including prevention of Sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) and Digital Awareness.
2. Strengthening capacity and collaboration of civil society, child, and youth-led networks.
3. Increasing responsiveness and positive social norms among government duty-bearers and community gatekeepers.
Who are we working with:
- Children and Young people aged 12 to 24, adolescents who are members of the National Children’s Task Force in all districts of Bangladesh.
- Govt. officials, policymakers, members of the Parliamentary Caucus on Child Rights, line ministry officials, district administration, and line ministry officials in the district.
- CSOs, parents and community gatekeepers, and religious leaders.
Job Title: Administrative and Finance Officer
Vacancy: 1 Position
Job Location: Dhaka
Experience: Minimum 1 Year
Age Limit: 22-30 Years
Working hours: 10 am to 06 pm (Five Days a Week)
Duration: Up to 30 June 2024
Application Deadline: 31st October 2023
Salary: 16,700/- BDT
As the Administrative and Finance Officer, you will be responsible for overseeing administrative, human resource, and financial functions within the organization. Your role includes implementing effective practices in administrative and finance operations, providing support to the accounts department, and ensuring compliance with organizational policies.
1. Financial Management:
- Record and report daily finances accurately.
- Manage project expenses and cash flow efficiently.
- Prepare financial statements and reports for projects and donors.
- Maintain the assets register.
2. Administrative and HR Functions:
- Procure necessary items.
- Provide logistical support for events and maintain records.
- Support office management and housekeeping.
- Assist with audits and manage records.
3. HR Support:
- Maintain employee records and assist with procurement and communications.
- Handle various administrative tasks as assigned.
– Preferable graduate in business studies
– Fluent in both written and spoken Bangla and English.
– Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
– Commitment to ethical practices and confidentiality.
– Ability to work independently with attention to detail.
– Professional: Accounting skills, auditing skills, computer skills, administrative skills, planning and monitoring skills, team working ability.
– Personal: Total integrity, open-mindedness, respect for others, active listening, and acceptance of working in various environments.
Interested candidates must send their application with a cover letter and CV with a recent photo and two references to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com by 31st October 2023 11:59 PM. Please mention “Application for Administrative and Finance Officer” in the subject line. To send a hard copy application, please address “Head of Youth Engagement, Youth For Change Bangladesh Foundation, House no. 33, Road No. 02, Janata Housing Society, Adabor, Dhaka- 1207”. Please write the position applied for on the top of the envelope. Women are encouraged to apply for the position.
No application will be accepted after the deadline. Only short-listed candidates may be contacted to attend an exam and interview. Youth For Change Bangladesh ensures equal opportunity for all.